How To Find The Right Leaf Removal Company in Anchorage, Alaska
Autumn is a favorite season for many people because it means cooling temperatures and stunning colors as trees and other foliage change colors. But for homeowners in Anchorage, Alaska, autumn also means a lot of yard work to get ready for the cold winter months.
One of the bigger jobs you’ll face, especially if you have a lot of trees on your property is leaf removal.
Leaf removal in Anchorage, AK is generally not a fun task, but it is a necessary one. Grass growth starts to slow down as the temperatures get cooler. However, photosynthesis, the process where grass turns light into energy continues. This process becomes very important during the fall months because the grass needs this energy to survive the winter. This is a key to having a healthy lawn when the weather warms up in the spring and the grass starts growing again.
What does all this have to do with leaf removal? If your yard is covered with a layer of leaves, the sunlight won’t get to the grass which will make photosynthesis almost impossible.
DIY Leaf Removal
Here are three leaf removal tips that will help you clear your lawn of leaves so you can keep your grass healthy.
1. Don’t wait for all the leaves to drop to start raking. Leaves can get heavy fast. Rake at regular intervals until all the leaves have fallen to avoid injury, nasty hand blisters, and burnout.
2. Get a leaf blower. A good leaf blower can be a little pricey up front, but they’re worth every penny when it’s time to clear your lawn. Leaf blowers come in either electric or gas powered. Whatever one you choose, just make sure it has enough power to get the job done.
3. Consider mulching your leaves in the early weeks of autumn. Most people mow their lawns well into fall, meaning you can just mulch the leaves as you mow. This can actually be good for the grass because it puts more nutrients into the soil, acting like a fertilizer.
The above leaf removal tips are just the basics. But if you’re looking for the easiest way to get rid of those leaves, consider hiring researching leaf removal companies that will do all the hard work for you. There are plenty of companies that specialize in leaf removal anchorage alaska to help you out.
Selecting A Leaf Removal Company In Anchorage, AK
1. How much do they cost? This is a big one and comes down to how much your time is worth. You’re paying them to do a job that you don’t want to do. Don’t go for the cheapest company, as they might not be reliable. Try to find a company that gives you a middle-of-the-road price.
2. Frequency. How often are they going to come to your house? If they come only at the end of autumn when you have two feet of leaves covering your grass, then you’re going to have problems. Depending on how many trees on your property will often dictate how often the company needs to come out.
3. Ask for references. It’s always a good idea to ask for references when you’re having people doing any kind of work on your property. Ask people if the company does a good job. Are they safe? Do they deliver what they promise?
One of the biggest benefits of hiring a company for leaf removal anchorage alaska is they often will have equipment that can get the job done quickly and efficiently. And you’ll be happy to sit back and enjoy a clean yard without having to break a sweat.